25 riders joined our “Biking to Bakeries” in Hartford tour today and gained 0 calories (according to dubious calculations).
Joe Dickerson at BiCiCo.org and I designed this friendly 10-12 mph “slow roll” ride to help people learn how to bike around Hartford, and to build a stronger sense of community. Co-sponsored by the Center for Hartford Engagement and Research (CHER) at Trinity College and BiCiCo.org, Hartford’s community bike shop, a project of the Center for Latino Progress.
Our 5.5-mile “slow roll” route:
- Center for Hartford Engagement and Research (CHER) at Trinity College, 70 Vernon Street
- Sol de Borinquen, 711 Park Street
- Story and Soil Coffee, 387 Capitol Avenue
- ride through Bushnell Park
- BiCiCo community bike shop, 95 Park Street
- Mozzicato DePasquale Bakery, 329 Franklin Ave
- El Trigal del Peru, 686 Maple Ave
- return to Trinity College around 11:30am
Back in July 2018, Joe and I took a smaller group of riders different route: